CANCELLED -Devotional Music by O.S.Arun
September 16 @ 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
This event is CANCELLED, as the musician’s tour was cancelled by the organiser.
O.S. Vaidyanathan or Arun, as he is more popularly called, is undoubtedly one of the most gifted Carnatic Musicians in the Country. He is known for his sonorous voice that he wields with much confidence and musical personality and which he employs in tandem with his superior stagemanship. Arun inherits the mantle of singing from a family where music has been a way of life. Arun was given to Carnatic Music in the Parivar Parampara and he began his music lessons under the careful ear of his father Vidwan O.V. Subramaniam. Arun later qualified Alankar Purna from Gandharva Mahavidyalaya. He also topped the Sangeetha Shironmani diploma course in Carnatic music conducted by the Faculty of Music and Fine Arts at Delhi University. Known for its vitality, Arun’s Music has combined grace of sound grammar and warmth of feeling. He also has a wide repertoire of songs, which has earned him a keen following. Arun has performed widely, both in India and abroad. His performances at various festivals include appearances at the India International Centre, the India Habitat Centre, the Vishnu Digambar Festival, the Rasika Ranjani Sabha, Calcutta, the Krishna Gana Sabha, Haridas Sammelan, Mylapore Fine Arts Club, and Kalarasana Chennai, the Badri Kedar Utsav arranged by the UP Cultural Department, ICCR’s Parivar Parampara Series, Sangeet Nrityotsav arranged by the Sangeet Natak Akademi / ICCR, the Sanskriti Festival. London, the World Adelaide Festival, Australia.
The International Delima Festival. Mauritius, the 45th Independence Day, Kabul, Afghanistan, the National Centre for Performing Arts, Bombay. He was featured at the Qutub Festival, Delhi. He also performed for the United Nations on the occasion of Human Rights Day. His appearance as Kovalan in an Indian Opera staged at the Singapore Art Festival won accolades both by the people and the press. Arun has several cassette / CD releases of Bhajans / Carnatic music / Fusion Music/ Devotional Music & also sings for Commercial Films and has composed music for Private Cassette recordings, Video films, documentaries, and Ballet Productions. Arun has also established a Choir that he is very proud of. The Choir maintains the pristine grammar of Carnatic Music.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENT
BRAHMA GANA SAMRAT (2000)
…was conferred the title Brahma Gana Samrat by Brahma GanaSabha, Chennai.
VOCALIST AWARD (2001)
– Best Vocalist award by Music Academy,Chennai.
BHAVA SANGEETHA VASIGARA (2003)
– Four Sub-Senior Vocalist awards by the Music Academy, Chennai.
– Bhava Sangeetha Vasigara by Swamy Shantanandha, Founder President, Temple of Fine Arts International.
MADHURA GHANA SIRONMANI (2005)
– Madhura Ghana Sironmani by Canberra Vanoli ThenasiaSevai & ATBC, Canberra, Australia.
SWARA RAAGA SAARANGYAR (2006)
– Swara Raaga Saarangyar by Panchamukha Anjaneya Trust, Chennai
– Nama Sankeerthana Ratna by G.K.Foundation, Chennai
– Kalaimamani by Tamil Nadu Government
– Madhura Gana Siromani by Shri Prakash Cultural Heritage Research Centre Chennai.
– NCA Excellance & Gold Medal by Nugambakkam Cultural Academy Trust Chennai.
SENIOR VOCALIST AWARD (2007)
– Senior Vocalist & Gold Medal, for Best Pallavi Singing by Music Academy, Chennai.
– Kalai Nerai Mamani by Tamil Nadu(Govt.) Music College Chennai.
ISAI SIGARAM (2008)
– Isai Sigaram by Krishna Sweets
NADA BHUSHANAM (2010)
– Nada Bhushanam by Sri Shanmukhananda Sangeetha Sabha.
– Padma Sadhana by Padma Sarangapani Cultural Acadamy.
GANA KALADHAR (2011)
– Gana Kaladhar by Bharat Kalachar
MADHURA MURALI PURASKAR (2012)
– Madhura Murali Puraskar by Vipanchee (Dr Balamurali Krishna)
ISAI SELVAM (2013)
– Isai Selvam by Muthamizh Peravai (Dr. Kalaignar M Karunanidhi)
– Bakthi Kala Sarathy by Sri Parthasarthy Swami Sabha.